Writing Fanfics

The Basics

Plot Development

Character Development

Dialogue

Sex Scenes

Writing the Fic

And finally...


Other sources


Kat's Meow

And finally…

  • "No, I will NOT review your fics for you!" NEVER send a chapter to a writer you admire and tell them you want feedback, unless you have gotten their consent ahead of time. Feedback is great, but they are busy people and you may not get the kind of hand-holding you want. Join a writers' group or an online fanfic list and send out your chapters there. With luck, you will get the assistance and feedback you need.

  • Just write! If you have a story idea but are shy about writing it yourself, throw caution to the wind (though following a few of the above guidelines may help) and just write it. So it sucks: who cares? Your next one will be better, and the one after that even more so. The only way to improve your writing is to write.

    Actually, I take that back. You can also improve your writing by reading as well. Look around the ‘net: there are great writers out there. Read their stuff and figure out what it is that you enjoy about it and try and emulate it (but NOT plagiarize it!). Never stop reading: it will open you up to new ideas and concepts. And your writing can only improve as a result.

    Final Pet Peeves

    • Amanda says:
      • Don't e-mail the writer with a long flame just because they killed your favourite person. It's only fiction. Relax.


Got some more "pet peeves" for me? Just email 'em here